The Community Support Specialist coordinates with the Case Manager to assist Participants with navigating community-based resources to facilitate successful reentry into their respective communities.
- Review participant calendar daily to coordinate participants needs in the community.
- Review the calendar every evening for the following day and very morning for that day to ensure you are updated on any possibly changes to the schedule.
- Transports participants to scheduled appointments, AA or NA meetings as scheduled.
- Ensures participants have necessary documentation and funding for appointments.
- Deliver assigned group sessions from the Concordance Re-entry Model to quality and fidelity.
- Maintain quality and fidelity to manuals, assessments and decision-making processes.
- Maintain and update records for assigned participants Concordance Academy Participant System on a timely basis.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with Academy participants, team members, volunteers, community partners and adhere to Academy policies.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure Concordance Academy continues to be the best.
- Monitor and observe participants at the Concordance House.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of substance use treatment, including the 12 Steps.
- Ability to transport participants to scheduled appointments or NA/AA meetings.
- Ensure participants have necessary documentation and funding for appointments
- Co-facilitate Life Skill session (as needed)
- Work independently without direct supervision while providing support in the community
- Ability to work cooperatively with others from varied backgrounds and in different situations to accomplish the objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial working relationships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Ability to maintain boundaries and develop appropriate role relationship.
- Ability to plan and organize work activities; manage several tasks at once; and routinely meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain performance and self-control under pressure or adversity and deescalate situations.
- Ability to perform duties with fidelity, skill, and heart.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience working in substance use treatment
- Experience working with justice-involved adults or other vulnerable populations
- Lived experience
- Experience as a peer support specialist
Licensure & Certification:
Send resume to email@example.com.