Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others … to help remove barriers so people can move forward successfully? Do you want to join an organization dedicated to be the best … to be a leader in the field? Concordance may be the place for you.
Concordance Academy of Leadership assists formerly incarcerated individuals in three primary areas: behavioral health and wellness; education and employment; and community and life skills. We start working with individuals six months prior to release and continue assisting for up to a year after their return to the community.
Currently we are seeking applicants for a Community Support Specialist as a part of an inter-disciplinary team.
Job duties include:
- Assisting participants in navigating community-based resources to facilitate successful reentry into their community. This may include scheduling appointments, securing transportation and housing, and setting up employment interviews through our employment agency
- Leading life skills classes
- Assisting participants in completing their programming to meet their Life Plan
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- The ability to effectively engage with participants, problem solve, and maintain appropriate case records
- Class E driver’s license or be able to obtain a Class E driver’s license
- Experience working with justice-involved adults or other vulnerable populations is a plus and we welcome applicants with lived experience
This full-time position is based at the Academy located in the Westport area. We offer health insurance, paid-time-off and other benefits. Interested candidates are invited to send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concordance Academy of Leadership is committed to
restoring individuals, rebuilding families, and transforming communities