The Communications & Event Manager will help to create and promote the organization’s identity and mission to investors, partners, the public, and team members.
- Create and execute media relations and public relations strategies. Compose, review, and/or distribute press releases and other public-facing communication.
- Collaborate with marketing team on marketing/advertising campaigns and design materials; ensure that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization.
- Serve as in-house copywriter for marketing and development materials (investor decks, website, fundraising appeal letters, blog, etc.), Human Resources department (internal communications, employee handbook updates, etc.), and senior leadership team (annual report, participant communications, event speeches, etc.).
- Assist Senior VP and Manager of Strategy & Policy with grant writing process, as needed.
- Arrange for photography and/or press coverage for special events.
- Plan and executes signature special events (gala, holiday shopping event, recognition event) according to requirements, target audience, and objective. Handle budgeting and ensures adherence. Liaison for vendors. Create promotional strategy and execute in conjunction with Marketing Manager. Handle post-event duties (guest feedback survey, reports, etc.).
- In coordination with SVP, create crisis management strategies to mitigate negative media exposure and other similar risks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with Academy participants, prison staff and administration, team members, volunteers, community partners and adhere to Academy policies.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure Concordance Academy continues to be the best.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Highly organized. Multi-tasker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for external publications.
- Knowledge of public relation principles and strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with media contacts and outlets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of WordPress a bonus.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small, highly collaborative team environment
- Work flexible hours when needed
- Mission focused.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field required.
- Three to five years of experience in public relations, communications, or related field required.
- Experience working with justice-involved adults or other vulnerable populations
- Lived experience
Send resume to email@example.com.